1. Thou shalt have fun and race safely.
2. Thou shalt be at least 10 years of age as of December 31st, 2016.
3. Thou shalt be accompanied by an adult whilst partaking in any night ride if thou art under 16 years of age at December 31st, 2016. The adult’s bike shalt be equipped with their own complete set of lights (see rule 4).
4. Thou shalt leave the lap tent with a bike or helmet light, a back up light, and a red blinkie light on the rear of the saddle once the Commissaire announces the last daylight lap.
5. Thou shalt wear a certified helmet whilst thou art on thine bike at the event—on or off the race course.
6. Thou shalt carry a cellular phone, if possible, whilst out on the race course for safety reasons. One phone can be shared by a team.
7. Thou shalt record the current time on the score board at the end of each lap, as indicated by the official event clock.
8. Doeth unto others as you would have them do unto you. Thou shalt assist others racers in their hour of need.
9. Thou shalt advise the Commissaire and mark it on the score board, if thou doth abandon of the event.
10. Thou shalt return directly to the lap tent if thou art unable to complete a lap—if due to a technical problem with thine bike, or physical malady—to exchange with another team mate. The partial lap shalt not count.