It's a good thing we didn't have the head/humidity we're currently experiencing in Winnipeg. Instead, we had probably the best racing conditions ever with temps in the low-mid 20s.
A few highlights:
- The ABES 24-hour team, going hard for the full 24 hours to decisively claim the team category
- Jason Howden running away with the 24 hours solo title
- Emily Payne returning to the race, toughing it out to do 2 more laps after getting 5 stitches in her leg
- Allison Szeles driving all the way from Regina to throw it down
- The second corner of the switchback decent - BERM!
- The Northland Appliances BBQ
- White Russians
Thanks to all our sponsors and volunteers to made this race a reality. A lot of work and support goes into every facet of the event, a lot of which goes unnoticed. And thanks, of course, to all the racers who came out to participate.
The race results...